Bank account opening bonuses always pay out the highest among other bank promotions. Thankfully, Capital One is among them. One of America’s most feature-rich and useful banks offers an account opening signup bonus of $150 after you’ve performed the necessary qualifying direct deposit.
Capital One 360 Checking Account Bonus $150
August 17, 2021
How to Receive The Bonus
- Open a Capital One 360 checking account before August 17, 2021
- Receive two $250 direct deposits within 60 days of opening your account
- Wait for the system to verify your action.
When Will You Receive The Signup Amount?
Capital One 360 Checking Account bonuses credits directly to your checking account within 15 days after the system verifies your second direct deposit.
No monthly maintenance fees
Capital One 360 Checking Account Key Features
- 24/7 Mobile and Online Banking
- No Fees
- Access to 70,000 ATMs
- Deposit Checks Through a Photo
- Instant Alerts
- Virtual Account Assistant Eno
Take note: A Capital One 360 Savings Account opening will have no bonuses. Plus, a primary and secondary account holder of any 360 checking account won’t be eligible for this signup bonus.
Comparison With Other Bank Account Opening Signup Bonus
America’s banking industry has plenty of bank account bonuses as alternatives to Capital One’s 360 offer. Learn more about each of them below.
1. Axos Bank $100 On Signup
This promo is currently expired. However, stay tuned because Axos Bank will likely revive this promo in the near future.
How to Get The Bonus
- Use the available promo code during the period.
- Open an Axos Bank Essential Checking Account and an Axos Bank High Yield Savings account.
- Make direct deposits that total $1,000 from a third party within your Essential Checking Account’s first 60 days.
- Keep your account active for 90 days.
When Will You Receive It?
Successful promo claimers have received their signup bonus from 5-15 days after Axos Bank’s system verified their qualifying direct deposits.
Axos Bank has no maintaining or monthly service fees for both Essential Checking and High Yield Savings Accounts.
2. SoFi Money $50 Referral Bonus
How to Get The Bonus
- Use a referral link from an existing SoFi money user.
- Deposit $500 during the initial funding period after signing up and verifying your SoFi account.
- Wait for the system to verify your direct deposits.
When Will You Receive It?
You’ll receive your bonus about 5-15 days after the system verifies your deposits.
SoFi has no monthly service fees.
3. Bank of America $100 Signup Bonus
December 31, 2021
How to Get The Bonus
- Sign up for a Bank of America Advantage Plus Banking, Advantage Relationship Banking, or SafeBalance Banking Account using a bank advertiser publication.
- Receive a qualified deposit worth $1,000 within 60 days after you’ve completed all requirements and account activation.
- Wait for the system to validate your qualifying deposit.
When Will You Receive It
Within 5-15 days after the system’s deposit verification.
Bank of America Advantage Plus Banking accounts charge $12 per month. You can waive this fee by:
- Making a qualifying deposit of $250 per month
- A combined $10,000 in combined assets from eligible linked accounts (Advantage Relationship Banking Only)
- A $1,500 minimum daily balance
- Enrolling in Bank of America’s Preferred Rewards Program
- Possess a monthly fee waiver for students below 24 years old
A Few Frequent Promo Questions
Here are a few questions to answer most promo questions we encounter about promo codes
1. Who can open a new 360 Checking account?
Anyone who needs an excellent checking account will find Capital One’s account useful for their everyday needs. Plus, the bank bonuses from Capital One are worthwhile.
However, you’ll need to have enough maintaining balance to keep your checking account free from monthly fees. You can waive the $12 fees by depositing $250 monthly and maintaining at least $1,500 on your daily balance.
2. Who is eligible for the Capital One 360 promotion?
Any user who encounters the new 360 checking account promotion is eligible for it. However, those who already own a Capital One 360 Checking Account under their name aren’t eligible to receive the bonus.
All savings account opening offer advertising concentrates on receiving qualifying deposits from third parties. Plus, you can waive your fees if you comply with the monthly deposit or daily maintaining balance requirements.
3. What counts as a direct deposit?
Various banks can have various preferences regarding direct deposits. For example, depositing a check by yourself qualifies as a direct deposit because a third party makes the monetary deposit. On the other hand, some may require other parties to deposit checks to your account with your name on it.
Thus, asking your bank or reading through the promotion’s fine print will help you learn how to qualify for a direct deposit completely.
4. When will I get my Capital One 360 Checking bonus?
Capital One’s system will check whether you’ve received enough direct deposit amounts. Then, it will process your $150 bonus within 5-15 days. Some successful promo claimants report that the bank might process the bonus faster.
The bank will add the amount straight to your checking account. You can easily check for any new deposits using your 360 checking account’s mobile application or online banking facility because it updates your transaction history daily.
5. How do I get a $400 Capital One 360 checking account?
Unfortunately, the Capital One 360 $400 Signup Bonus promo has ended last January 2021. Successful claimants of this promotion received up to $400 after making qualifying deposits. However, we believe that Capital One will likely bring back this promotion in the near future.
Here are some details about the $400 promotion to help you learn more about it
- How to Receive Your Bonus
- Use the promo code from the bank promotion upon signing up for a Capital One 360 Checking Account.
- Perform two direct deposits of $1,000 each within 60 days of opening your account.
- Maintain your balance and keep your account open within 90 days.
- When Will I Receive It: Capital One’s system will verify if you’ve complied with all its terms. Afterward, it will deposit the $400 bonus straight to your 360 checking account.
6. Is Capital One’s checking account good?
Capital One’s 360 has a great number of features. We’ll list them down here for your easy reference:
- No minimum monthly service fees
- 0.10% annual percentage yield
- Access to Capital One’s user-friendly mobile application
- Deposit a check, send and receive money, and monitor your bank account’s performance online or through your mobile application at any time. You won’t have to wait for banking hours deposit checks.
- Eligible for overdraft protection features. Capital One can automatically decline payments, transfer savings amounts to your checking for your next purchase, or lend you the overdraft amount that you’ll pay back the next day with a $35 fee.
7. How do I refer a friend to capital one 360
Existing 360 Checking users can refer their friends and receive $20. Here are the easiest steps to get started:
- Log into your 360 Checking Account and look for the Refer-a-Friend button.
- Have a friend sign up through your referral link
- Check your friend if they have received the Capital One signup email
- You can’t receive the $20 bonus within 30 days to ensure your referral signs up and makes their first $250 initial deposit.
8. Does Capital One have only one promotional code?
Capital One has a handful of promo codes. However, only one or two of these promo codes are simultaneously active. However, Capital One will likely reactivate some of them after a few months or a year.
Related: Capital One Performance Savings
Other banks are most likely to revive some of their currently expired promo codes within months or a year after their expiration. Thus, always stay tuned and subscribe to Filife’s newsletter to learn about the latest discounts and referrals.
Related: Best Bank Bonuses
Summing Everything Up!
- Capital One’s 360 Checking bonus requires no minimum deposit and maintaining balance. However, you’ll need a $250 deposit twice within 60 days to receive your bonus.
- The bank has an alternative $400 360 Checking signup bonus that has expired. Stay tuned because Capital one will likely revive it.
- Existing Capital One 360 users cannot receive bonuses from the $100 and $400 promotions. However, they can use the 360 referral program to generate a link that gives them $20 upon a referral’s signup.
- Other banks have their respective checking and savings account promotions, so stay tuned if these codes are active once again.
Filife has you covered whether you’re looking for a new checking account, the latest promotions, or the best financial tips. We keep our content updated with the latest financial management strategies, budgeting tips, and promotion codes we discover. So, subscribe today so you won’t miss anything!